* First Name
* Last Name
* Applicable Semester
* What benefit are you using for this term?
I don’t know
CH33 / Post 9-11 GI Bill and TEB
CH30 / Montgomery GI Bill
CH31 / Voc Rehab
CH32 / VEAP
CH35 / Dependent’s Ed Assistance
CH1606 / Reserve Montgomery GI Bill
CH1607 / REAP
Tuition Assistance / USA
Tuition Assistance / USAF
Tuition Assistance / USCG
Tuition Assistance / USMC
Tuition Assistance / USN
* Are there any changes to your program of study (e.g. major/minor changes, Undergrad to Grad)?
If yes, please write in your NEW major(s), minor(s), or program(s) of study.
* To the best of your knowledge, are any of these courses NOT a part of your degree completion program? If yes, please notify the SCO to see what impacts there might be to your benefits.
* Are you doing a required internship, practicum, or other course, which required hourly work? If yes, please contact the SCO; additional documentation is required prior to certification.
* Are you a graduate student taking less than 12 credit hours? If yes, please contact the SCO; additional documentation is required prior to certification.
* Are there any changes to your contact information or personal information?
If yes, please write in your updated contact information.
* Will your benefits expire this semester? If yes or unsure, please contact the SCO to estimate your out-of-pocket expenses.
* Are there any changes to your COE? If yes, please contact the SCO to make sure we have what we need to certify you correctly. Changes do your COE can occur after submitting another DD214.
* Are you changing which benefit chapter you want to use this semester (e.g. Chapter 31 Vocational Rehabilitation to Chapter 33 Post-9/11 GI Bill)? If yes, please contact the SCO to discuss the impacts.
Are you graduating after completing this semster? If YES, you may round up to 12 credit hours to remain full time even though those courses may not be required for degree completion. SCO should submit graduation report to VA following successful completion of the degree.
If you have any comments or special considerations for the SCO please write them in this block.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY BEFORE SIGNING:
I understand that I am ultimately responsible for
tuition and fees. VA payments will be made according to current VA policy.
I understand that I will
receive benefits only for courses applying towards my program of study. Courses not listed as a requirement for program completion will not be certified and I will not receive benefits for them.
I understand that the VA determines my rate of pursuit (full time vs part time) and this may impact funds distributed. For example, if you pursue at less than half time your BAH may be withheld.
I understand that
any change in status (dropping/adding courses, withdrawing courses, address and phone number changes, etc), must be reported immediately to the SCO. Changes in enrollment after certification may result in an underpayment or overpayment of benefits. The best thing to do is discuss the impact of schedule changes with the Financial Aid Office and SCO BEFORE making the changes.
I understand that after
prior credit has been evaluated (military transcripts/prior college), any credit awarded for class(es) that I’m currently enrolled and certified for by the VA will be decertified, which may result in an overpayment of benefits.
I understand that I am
liable for any overpayment(s) that I might receive from the VA.
I understand that any
unsatisfactory progress will be reported to the DOD/VA. Some DOD programs require at least a B minimum.
I understand that I must
complete this form for EVERY SEMESTER I wish to receive VA educational benefits. Failure to complete this form as soon as I have finalized my enrollment for the indicated term may cause a delay in my benefits.